Paris, France – October, 11 2012
Clipperton Finance and GIMV today hosted a round table breakfast event at the Pavillon Gabriel in Paris focusing on the question:
“What Business Models and which Market Design for a Smarter Grid in Europe?”
The event attracted leading industry players and decision markers (large energy groups, large equipment and solution providers, VC funds, young technology companies….)
As companies struggle to make the most of grid improvements, several fundamental questions emerge:
- Does the current market design incentivize energy efficiency at a fair level?
- Which market design could help consolidating the fragmented value of smart grid?
- How to stimulate the development of large scale technological smart grid companies?
- How to deal with the different national market structures in Europe?
The roundtable provided detailed insights on the market and featured primary players in the ecosystem, from large companies to start-ups:
- EDF : Bernard Delpech, Head of R&D
- Schneider Electric : Philippe Poulou, Vice-President Customer Marketing
- Actility : Olivier Hersent, CEO
- Ijenko : Serge Subiron, CEO
About Clipperton Finance
Based in Paris and London, Clipperton Finance is a European corporate finance boutique dedicated to the High Tech and Media industries. Clipperton is focused on start-up and high-growth companies in the Internet, Software, Telecom, Components, CleanTech, MedTech and Media spaces, advising them in their financial transactions: fundraising/capital increases and Mergers & Acquisitions. Over the past years the company and its team have successfully structured numerous high level international transactions in the European High Tech sector.