Clipperton acted as sole financial advisor to TUCOENERGIE and his founder Nathaniel Corcos on its €14m financing round.
- TUCOENERGIE is a major player in energy renovation in France, a market set to grow up to €4 bn by 2025, pushed by growing demand as well as favorable macro-economic trends and public policies.
- The transaction provides the Group with significant financial resources to support its growth and accelerate its development.
- The transaction highlights Clipperton’s experience in Cleantech & Renewables after advising transactions for players such as McPhy, pioneer in hydrogen technologies and SolaireDirect, renewable energy company focused on solar power.
- Founded in 2009 by Nathaniel Corcos, TUCOENERGIE is a company committed to carbon-free energy which intends to accelerate the energy transition on the French territory. The French Ministry of ecological transition has granted the company with the Greentech innovation label in 2020.
- TUCOENERGIE is a leading provider of complete ecological energy self-consumption solutions addressing individuals, companies, and local authorities. It designs and installs systems to produce renewable, carbon-free and decentralized energy, in particular through photovoltaic self-consumption and energy saving solutions.
- One of the company’s mission is to facilitate the shift of the residential sector to energy self-consumption: to address this growing market, TUCOENERGIE is relying on digital innovation and has developed OrÉe, an energetic study application designed to facilitate and support the transition towards a more responsible energy consumption model. Thanks to this application, TUCOENERGIE also intends to federate the ecosystem of qualified professionals of the energy renovation sector, which is highly fragmented.
- Based in the Paris region, the group generates nearly €75 million in business volume, with nearly 300 projects each month throughout the country. It experienced +100% annual growth in the last years.
Deal highlights & rationale
- This private placement will allow TUCOENERGIE to consolidate its market leading position in the energy renovation sector in order to become the reference platform in France.
- It will continue to invest in digital tools such as OrÉe and strengthen its R&D team.
- The financing round is led by IDI (€10m), a leading private equity investor in France listed on Euronext and focused on small and mid-cap companies and followed by Raise Impact (€4m) an investment firm specializing on impact topics.
- Together, they become minority shareholders alongside Chairman and Founder Nathaniel Corcos.
- Clipperton advised TUCOENERGIE in this transaction with a focus on building the right investor base for the next phase of growth of the company.
- Nathaniel Corcos, founder & CEO, stated « This financing round is a major step for TUCOENERGIE. The strategic and financial assistance of Clipperton in this process was key to ensure a smooth and successful process ».
- Thomas Neveux commented « TUCOENERGIE has a unique positioning in the renewable energy sector. We are delighted to see that the company now has the right partners and the financial resources to achieve its vision ».
- Thomas Neveux, Managing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marc Schäfer, Director, email@example.com
- Wael Abou Karam, Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Armand Peugeot, Associate, email@example.com