Team Vitality, a leading European Esport organization announces a €20m private placement led by Rewired GG
Clipperton acted as sole financial advisor to Team Vitality.
- Rewired GG the new E-Sport focused investment arm of Cascade Global ‒ an international multi-family office investing in emerging technology companies ‒ led the €20m investment round.
- Team Vitality will leverage Rewired GG’s expertise and global network to strengthen its position as a major organization on the global Esport scene
- The Company will use the proceeds from the transaction to continue and build the Vitality brand globally as well as systematically line up highly competitive teams on all major games.
- Clipperton confirms its commitment to bring its corporate finance advisory expertise to clients at the forefront of innovative trends.
Paris, November 2018 – European corporate finance firm Clipperton is pleased to announce it acted as sole financial advisor to Team Vitality, the leading European Esport organization, in a 20m private placement led by Rewired GG and followed by notorious business angels with significant expertise in the media and content production ecosystem.
Founded in 2013, Team Vitality established itself as an Esport pioneer in the French gaming ecosystem. With now more than 10 highly competitive teams present on the main major Esport games, 54 players of 17 nationalities, numbers illustrate how founders Fabien Devide and Nicolas Maurer managed to scale Team Vitality into a major gaming organization in Europe. In international competitions, Vitality held no less than 2 world champion titles (Rainbow Six and FIFA) and 150+ podiums in various tournaments.
Team Vitality more than doubled its audience online in 2018 and now cumulates more than 600,000 fans on social networks. Focused on innovative content communication, the organization is now supported by premium sponsors (e.g. Adidas, Volvic, Orange, Renault Sport etc.) eager to participate in the emerging Esport ecosystem.
This landmark private placement marks the 3rd investment, after a first €300k seed round in 2016 and a second €2.5m fundraise early 2018 led by the president of Dijon Football Côte-d’Or Olivier Delcourt, Korelya Capital and Kima Ventures and open ambitious perspectives for Team Vitality.
Nicolas Maurer and Fabien Devide, founders of Vitality explain “the expertise and trust provided by Rewired GG will enable us to accelerate our structuration both on competitive aspects and beyond. Recent results, notably our 3rd place at the last EU LCS (European League of Legend Championship) demonstrate we have a unique opportunity to compete in the most selective leagues and therefore earn our seat at the table with the very best Esport organizations worldwide”.
Phanar Legal and Levine Keszler acted as legal advisors to Rewired GG. Gide acted as legal advisor to Team Vitality.
For more information, please contact:
- Nicolas von Bülow, Managing Partner, email@example.com
- Thomas de Montille, Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olivier Combaudou, Vice-President, email@example.com
- Théodore Chastel, Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quentin Persent, Analyst, email@example.com
Clipperton is a European independent corporate finance advisory firm exclusively dedicated to the Technology space, advising high growth companies on M&A transactions, debt financings and equity offerings. With offices in London, Berlin, and Paris and an international reach, Clipperton is a European leader in Technology financial advisory. Over the past 15 years, the team has successfully completed more than 250 high profile transactions globally. For more details please visit www.clipperton.net