Clipperton is pleased to announce it acted as sole financial advisor to BonneGueule in this growth financing round.
- Clipperton advised BonneGueule on the growth financing round of €6.5m received from lead investor, Generis Capital Partners, and historical investors, BPI France (“Mode et Finance 2”).
- The company will use the proceeds from the transaction to extend product offering, strengthen its operations and scale in France and internationally.
- This transaction highlights Clipperton’s
- expertise in the e-commerce and Consumer Tech sector, successfully advising a leading Digital Native Vertical Brand
- understanding of clients’ business to efficiently support their strategy in the long term and craft a solid equity story to convince investors
- Founded by two passionate founders Geoffrey Bruyère & Benoit Wojtenka in 2013, BonneGueule is a French high-end omnichannel men’s apparel DNVB which was built out of a men’s fashion blog launched in 2007 to educate and inspire men, now ranked #1 media for men’s fashion in France.
- The company has built a unique menswear brand, delivering high quality products at a fair price, while relying on strong CSR principles and supply chain transparency, pioneering the DNVB business model.
- BonneGueule is supported by a faithful and engaged community of 5 million readers, most of them being prescribers, seeking and providing advice on men’s fashion.
- In order to provide a best-in-class user experience, BonneGueule sells its products exclusively through its proprietary channels: its own e-commerce website as well as 5 physical stores in Paris, Bordeaux and Lyon.
Deal highlights & rationale
- This growth investment round from Generis Capital and BPI France will support BonneGueule’s strategy to extend its product offering, structure its operations and scale its omnichannel business both in France and internationally.
- Thibaut de Roux, founder and Managing Partners at Generis Capital said: « It is a great pleasure to support Benoit and Geoffrey to bring BonneGueule to the next development stage, capitalizing on a high-quality manufacturing and supply chain and a deep expertise in the sector. BonneGueule is unanimously acclaimed by its community as a unique and modern fashion brand promoting ethical and sustainable purchasing within the fashion universe” Delphine Le Mintier-Jonglez, Investment Director at BPI France added: « in a very competitive market, pressurized by digitalization and sustainable fashion, we strongly believe in the virtuous model developed by BonneGueule as well as in Geoffrey and Benoit to further expand and attract a growing and sticky reader and client base, by offering quality and sustainable products, supported by authentic and rich media contents”
- After advising several leading digital retail players such as Vestiaire Collective, Vide-dressing or AramisAuto, and publishing a dedicated research paper on Digital Native Brands, Clipperton is pleased to support the leading DNVB for men’s fashion in France, illustrating its expertise in this segment.
- Geoffrey Bruyère, co-founder of Bonnegueule, said: “Clipperton was the partner of choice to make this transaction a success: their deep understanding of our business specificities as well as their analytical capacities proved critical in the process and valuation of our company. […] their experience and advisory were core to help us find the investor fitted to our ambition and vision. Overall, the entire team worked very hard to achieve this successful outcome, in addition to maintaining a nice and friendly spirit all along the process.”
- Thomas Neveux, Managing Partner at Clipperton who managed the transaction commented “Bonnegueule is a company we have been following for years. We strongly believe they have taken the right approach to develop a truly impressive end-to-end men’s fashion platform that people really love. We are proud to have accompanied the company in this fundraising and to play a part in the emergence of a leading European DNVB.”
- Thomas Neveux, email@example.com
- Caroline Landré, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milan Amalou, email@example.com
- Eloi Verspieren, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clipperton is a European M&A and corporate finance advisory firm exclusively dedicated to the Technology space, advising high growth companies on M&A transactions, debt financings and equity offerings, with offices in London, Berlin, Munich and Paris and an international reach. Over the past 17 years, the team has successfully completed more than 300 high profile transactions globally.