Broadpeak, a leading provider of video content delivery solutions, raised €10 million from Eutelsat.
- Self-financed since inception, Broadpeak rapidly carved-out a leadership position as a global provider of highly scalable CDN solutions. Its proprietary technology optimizes the delivery of video content over telecom, cable and satellite networks and allows viewers to benefit from unparalleled quality of experience on all of their devices.
- With this investment, Broadpeak and Eutelsat will team-up to offer an extensive range of advanced technology solutions for telecom operators, media groups and content owners. They will notably collaborate on projects aiming to integrate satellite technology into 5G networks.
- The transaction is another milestone in Clipperton’s track-record of advising B2B software companies and highlights the team’s expertise in enabling technologies for the booming digital TV industry..
Paris, July 8, 2019 – European technology investment bank Clipperton is pleased to announce its role as exclusive financial advisor to Broadpeak who received a €10 million investment for leading satellite network operator Eutelsat.
Founded in 2010, Broadpeak stands as a global leader of software based CDN solutions, addressing customers in the telecom, media and satellite industries. Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programs and other content over managed networks and on any type of device. The company is headquartered in Cesson-Sévigné, France and serves customers worldwide with subsidiaries in the US and Singapore.
The investment fits into Eutelsat’s strategy to integrate satellite into the Internet Protocol (IP) ecosystem, following the launch in September 2018 of Eutelsat CIRRUS, a hybrid satellite-OTT solution giving satellite TV channels and operators the ability to offer a flexible and homogeneous multi-screen consumer experience.
Eutelsat and Broadpeak will collaborate to provide the industry with turnkey video delivery solutions enabling telecom operators and content owners to respond to the rising demand for video content on all networks. They will also work together on projects aimed at integrating satellite technology into the 5G generation of mobile networks.
Commenting on the transaction, Jacques Le Mancq, CEO and co-founder of Broadpeak said: “This investment by Eutelsat will enable us to strengthen our team and finance the strong growth of our business. We are very excited to develop our partnership with Eutelsat, with whom we will build next-generation services to deliver, optimize and monetize high-quality video experiences for end-users, whether at home or on the move.”
Jean-Hubert Lenotte, Chief Strategy and Resources Officer at Eutelsat added: “We are delighted to partner with Broadpeak with whom we have been working since 2015. This association with a recognized and innovative leader in video content delivery solutions will enable us to expand our offer in this area. Following the launch of Eutelsat CIRRUS last September, this investment reflects our strategy to accelerate the integration of IP and satellite technologies by expanding the portfolio of technological solutions available to our broadcast customers to distribute content to viewers across multiple channels.”
For more information, please contact:
- Thibaut Revel, Managing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antoine Ganancia, Partner, email@example.com
- Martin Vielle, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quentin Persent, Associate, email@example.com
Clipperton is a European independent corporate finance advisory firm exclusively dedicated to the Technology space, advising high growth companies on M&A transactions, debt financings and equity offerings. With offices in London, Berlin, and Paris and an international reach, Clipperton is a European leader in Technology financial advisory. Over the past 15 years, the team has successfully completed more than 300 high profile transactions globally. For more details please visit www.clipperton.net