- $1.6bn have been invested into European Technology start-ups during Q2 2013;
- The DACH1 region topped the ranking in value in Q2, while France and the UK were head-to-head at similar levels in terms of investment value;
- Germany experienced a strong momentum in Q2 with large deals across several sectors for companies such as Numberfour, Research Gate or FoodPanda;
- Sector-wise, IT maintains a strong lead (60%+ of all value in Q2). However, Life Sciences posted a solid Q/Q growth (+100% vs. Q1) with a handful of large financings (>$50m) in Medtech and Biotech;
- There is a severe financing gap vs. the US in Business Cloud & Software, although the segment has shown positive signs in H1 2013.
The next update will be released in January 2014, with a full-year review.
Thibaut Revel, Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Vielle, Analyst, email@example.com
About Clipperton Finance
Clipperton is a leading European corporate finance boutique exclusively dedicated to the High Tech and Media industries. Clipperton advises high growth companies on financial transactions, fundraisings or Mergers and Acquisitions. With teams based in London, Berlin and Paris and an international reach, Clipperton is a recognized leader in the sector.
About Digimind and WhoGotFunded.com
Digimind is a SaaS intelligence software company based in Paris, Boston and Singapore, providing advanced information management platforms and technologies that perform massive data collection, automatic intelligence extraction and visualisation. Using its unique web mining expertise, Digimind developed WhoGotFunded.com, the world’s most comprehensive funding database, discovering over 100 fresh funding deals every day in real time all across the world.
1 DACH: Germany, Austria, Switzerland