VoluBill raises €10.5m to fund aggressive growth strategy
Transaction led by Clipperton Finance, acting as Sole Manager.
Clipperton Finance successfully leads a € 10.5 Million capital raising for VoluBill
Clipperton Finance, a leading European corporate finance boutique dedicated to the High Tech and Media industries, today announced the closing of a €10.5m capital raising for VoluBill, the leading independent supplier of ‘on the network’ Mobile Data charging and control solutions. For this round, VoluBill has been backed by 6 leading international venture capital firms operating in the IT and Telecom industry. XAnge Private Equity (lead) joined Argo Global Capital, Deutsche Venture Capital, Seventure, Sofinnova Partners and Sofinnova Ventures. The capital raised will be used in particular for acquisitions and to accelerate the international development of the company.
Commenting on the transaction, John Aalbers, CEO of VoluBill, said“Clipperton Finance did a great job for us. Their knowledge of our industry segment as well as their reputation within the VC community aided us greatly. With an acquisition process going on in parallel, Clipperton’s assistance with the fundraising enabled our management team to remain focused. Their practical approach and high execution standards meant we were able to close the round in the timeframe we wanted. Above all, they were a pleasure to work with.”
Stéphane Valorge, Partner with Clipperton Finance added “VoluBill has successfully developed in the fast growing Mobile Data charging space with its unique ‘on the wire’ charging and control technology. With its global distribution channel in place and its customer base around the world, from India to Venezuela, the company was keen to exploit its momentum by unlocking further potential in its technology. We are very pleased to gather a successful team of investors that will help VoluBill to execute the next ambitious phase of its strategy”.
VoluBill provides innovative data charging, control and monitoring solutions to telecoms operators worldwide. VoluBill’s Charge it and Track em solutions enable operators to:
– Offer real-time charging for any data and content service using any payment method
– Differentiate themselves competitively in the marketplace through innovative service bundles and unprecedented flexibility in charging models and metrics
– Realise rapid time to revenue for new product & service offerings through ease of implementation and ‘drop in’ network integration
– Monitor, analyse and control subscriber activity across all data and content services in order to maximise customer satisfaction, as well as eliminating revenue leakage and fraud
– Transcend the boundary between the network and IT systems in order to achieve maximum flexibility and unlock the potential of real time BSS integration For more information, visit www.volubill.com.
About Clipperton Finance
Clipperton Finance is a European corporate finance boutique dedicated to the High Tech and Media industries. Clipperton is focused on start-up and advanced companies in the Software, Telecom, Components and Media/Internet spaces, advising them in their financial transactions: fundraising/capital increases and Mergers & Acquisitions. Over the past years the company and its team have managed to structure numerous high level international transactions in the European High Tech sector.