Clipperton advised Sculpteo, the leading 3D Printing Service provider on its sale to BASF
Clipperton acted as sole financial advisor to Sculpteo’s shareholders.
- Founded 10 years ago and backed by XAnge and Creadev, Sculpteo is the pioneer and specialist of digital manufacturing with a full range of online 3D printing services.
- By joining the world’s leading chemical company, Sculpteo 3D platform will be developed further into a global network to offer customers end-to-end industrial 3D printing solutions.
- This is the 6th cross border M&A deal advised by Clipperton within the last 16 months, highlighting its expertise in managing this type of transactions, e.g. Matooma (FR) / Wireless Logic (UK), NetRange (DE) /Access Co. (JP), Vide Dressing (FR) /Adevinta (NO), Musement (IT) / TUI (DE), Givve (DE) / Up Group (FR).
Paris/San Francisco/Ludwigshafen, November 2019 – European corporate finance firm Clipperton is pleased to announce it acted as sole financial advisor to Sculpteo on its sale to BASF, world’s leading chemical company.
Founded in 2009 by Eric Carreel and Clément Moreau, Sculpteo operates an online platform with integrated production for the manufacturing of prototypes, individual objects, and serial production components with a range of different additive manufacturing technologies.
The acquisition of the French 3D printing specialist based in Paris and San Francisco will enable BASF 3D Printing Solutions GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BASF New Business GmbH, to market and establish new industrial 3D printing materials more efficiently.
“Together with Sculpteo, we are pursuing our goal of establishing additive manufacturing as a proven technology for industrial mass production”, commented Dr. Dietmar Bender, Managing Director BASF 3D Printing Solutions.
“We are excited to join the BASF team and thus benefit from BASF’s outstanding R&D to provide our customers with innovative solutions”, said Clément Moreau, CEO and Co-Founder of Sculpteo and who will stay within the company.
Financial advisors for Sculpteo: Clipperton
- Nicolas von Bülow, Managing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duncan Klauser, Director, email@example.com
- Olivier Combaudou, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Armand Peugeot, Analyst, email@example.com
- Thomas Noslier, Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clipperton is a European independent corporate finance advisory firm exclusively dedicated to the Technology space, advising high growth companies on M&A transactions, debt financings and equity offerings. With offices in London, Berlin, and Paris and an international reach, Clipperton is a European leader in Technology financial advisory. Over the past 15 years, the team has successfully completed more than 300 high profile transactions globally. For more details please visit clipperton.net